Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hello, World!

After looking everywhere for Ultraman Ginga S subs, I found nothing. Well, to be precise, I found that some subbing groups had said they were "not interested." As my knowledge of Japanese is limited to the few sentences I have picked up from watching toku, I really need good English subtitles to properly enjoy a show. And so, here I am.
I found a veitsub of some eps, and got a raw by following a few links. And I never realized how difficult fan subbing is. I need to give a round of applause to all the people who have deciphered previous Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Sentai and other shows for our enjoyment. Because, damn, it's hard. Not only do you have to find time for it, but you have to get timing, encoding, and such right.
After installing countless codecs to my very outdated and unsupported Fedora 18, I began translating, with the aid of Google, the veitsubs. I'm having to work without decent video editors (any of those on Linux suck) and hopefully you'll be getting Victory sometime next week!
So, Hello, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment